Senior Manager - Impacts and Evaluations - 1yr. Maternity Leave Contract
Employment Terms: contract | full Time
The Sr. Manager Impacts and Evaluation acts as a catalyst of LEF’s strategic priorities including responsive growth, knowledge sharing, and strengthening of foundational systems. This position will have a split in terms of time spent both managing current programs and supporting the development of new programs. This position will strengthen LEF’s capacity for grant writing, research, reflection, planning, focusing on program quality measurement and improvement, administrative efficiencies, leveraging the strengths of staff, and strategy implementation. This position will also oversee LEF Skills Advancement Training, Employment, Internationally Trained Professionals, and Employer Engagement programs and support the incubation of new projects.
To be successful in this role, the Sr. Manager will need to try ideas and new approaches to our work, which means taking risks, learning from failures and working with others to document successes.
This is a people management role and thus a focus on team development and engagement is essential to program and client success.
- Oversees various aspects of Skills Advancement Training, Employment, Internationally Trained Professionals, and Employer Engagement programs including outreach, intake, delivery, partnerships, group activities, record keeping, evaluation of client’s progress, as well as staff supervision and professional development.
- Works with managers to ensure services are aligned with LEF’s vision, community needs and funders’ requirements
- Manages funders’ relationships
- Leads the incubation of new projects, captures and shares learning when required.
- Works with key partners in the development and delivery of projects and programs.
- Leads direct reports through thoughtful coaching and mentoring by providing appropriate support, development opportunities, recognition, challenge and motivation for team
- Performs regular performance reviews against goals and day to day work
- Provides ongoing information to the team on strategic and work plans and how their work supports those.
- Holds regular team and individual check-in meetings to ensure open and ongoing supports and communications
- Works closely with other teams such as Human Resources and Digital Communications for resources to support the team.
- Builds the capacity of staff and supports them to develop and transform ideas into grant proposals.
- Supports the creation of a funding strategy based on identified needs and opportunities.
- Oversees research on potential funding sources that align with our vision, programming, and community needs
- Oversees the timely submission of grant proposals including partner and support letters, and budgets.
Research & Evaluation:
- Works collaboratively with Managers and Directors in determining research priorities to direct the design and implementation of frameworks and in the evaluation of program impact using the Sustainable Livelihoods framework
- Contributes to internal and external reporting including board and funders’ reports
- Directs research needs regarding information related to the labour market, demographics, program development, evaluation, and community assets and needs
- Ensures research results, best practices and lessons learned are shared in a manner that is accessible and builds the knowledge and skills of LEF staff, community members and partners.
- Ensures connections with other research bodies and directs team participation in research opportunities and sector-wide learning circles to strengthen, validate and advance LEF’s experiences and expertise.
Systems Design & Implementation:
- Oversees the development and management of processes that facilitate the management and delivery of contracts as requested
- Assists in designing and evaluating workflows and procedures.
- Assists in the analysis of existing systems, organizational processes, and other relevant data for improvement purposes.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field from an accredited College/University
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in program management from initiating new programs to oversight and evaluation with the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Prior people management experience required
- Advanced English skills with a strong educational background in quality writing, editing, analytical and research skills are essential
- Knowledge of public and government grant processes would be considered an asset
- Highly detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to synthesize and analyse diverse information and data
- Comfortable working on new, uncertain, and abstract projects where the requirements are sometimes unclear
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works well under pressure and produces on deadlines with proven ability to manage time effectively
- Strong understanding of the local community (Weston/Mount Dennis) and of community development issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, various social media platforms and other relevant applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team in a pro-active manner
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and demonstrated success in working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds, in a multi-cultural/multi-racial environment
- Commitment to on-going professional growth and development
- Adaptable to changing work hours and locations
- Experience working and managing a team remotely would be an asset
- Required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends as per organizational needs
- Have a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen or willing to obtain one upon hire
- Must be able to work from a home office with the flexibility to attend to LEF offices when required
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: September 01, 2021
Closing Date: September 24, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.