The Learning Enrichment Foundation is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation please contact 416-769-0830 or email@example.com
Computer Skills For Today
Computers are transforming our lives. Almost everyday life activities can be done using a computer and a digital platform. To successfully navigate the new digital economy, LEF is offering the new Computer Skills for Today - CST program where participants can build knowledge, digital abilities and confidence to navigate the internet safely, securely, and effectively so they can thrive at home, at work and the community using digital media platforms.
The program is developed:
- Using a flexible, adaptable, and responsive curriculum
- Addressing different languages
- Including diverse skill levels and needs
- Accessible and empowering environment
This program is designed for the following individuals:
- Individuals who don’t speak English or French at home
- Seniors (+65)
- Lack of digital skills including access to hardware, software or the internet
- Limited ability to keep up with changes in technology brought by computers
What will participants learn?
- Understanding your computer 101
- Mobile devices 101
- Internet basics, search engines, and how to navigate it securely
- Emails 101
- Completing daily tasks online
- Online banking and purchases
- Video conferencing and online communications
- How to avoid and protect yourself from online scams
The CST program is delivered in-person in different schedules and some workshop will be offered online.
Dates are to be announced soon.
For more information, contact: Carolina Giraldo at firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 416-989-5621 | 416-769-0830 Ext. 2054.
This Digital Literacy Exchange Program is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development of Canada