Programs: ECA - Early Childhood Assistant
If you love children and want to help educate them, our Early Childhood Assistant training can lead you to the job you seek, or to start your own child home care business.
For more than two decades, we have been training people to work in child care facilities around the city. This fourteen-week program is approved under the ‘Private Career Colleges Act, 2005’. This program will prepare you with a comprehensive child care curriculum, including two placements for a total of 320 hours in the child care field. Students will explore a variety of topics, from the legislative provisions in the Child Care Early Years Act, 2014 and health & safety to understanding behaviour guidance, nutrition and curriculum planning.
In addition, students will have the opportunity to work with an experienced instructor and child care staff that have a long history in the child care field.
This course provides you with an excellent foundation for continuing with your education and becoming an Early Childhood Assistant.
The following certificates are issued upon achieving a passing mark:
- Early Childhood Assistant
- Standard First Aid, Emergency CPR, including infant and child CPR
- Food Handler
- Please contact us at 416-760-2551 for the starting dates and fees
- Flexible financing options are available
- Visit the “Contact Us” tab on the navigation menu for our address and directions