Employment Terms: contract | part Time
LEF is looking for a part-time Kitchen Helper. The Kitchen Helper should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and be organized while assisting Chefs with the timely completion of kitchen duties. The ability to work as a team member and remain flexible is important. This role requires an individual who demonstrates, a sense of urgency, attention to detail and proficiency in food safety and sanitation. Punctuality is also important because if the Kitchen Helper is late, prep work gets delayed, throwing the team behind schedule and affecting the delivery of Child Care orders. Therefore, this role requires someone who can assist in maintaining a smooth workflow, especially in rush periods.
Must be able to work shifts Monday to Friday, 5 days a week; no weekends from 7 am – 3 pm; alternating weeks
- Work in harmony with the Chefs and the Food Services team
- Expedite tasks in a calm and collaborative manner; understanding you are part of the team
- Assist with general cleaning duties, maintaining a safe food preparation environment
- Work in compliance with LEF health and safety policies and practices
- Help Food Services team that prepare food
- Count snacks and meals accurately for delivery
- Load and unload delivery containers
- May also clean and prepare food for production
- Keep kitchen work areas clean and orderly
- Assist all kitchen staff
- Clear and clean prep areas, properly washing and drying all dishes, containers, utensils, cooking instruments, pots and pans and cutting boards.
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and storage areas
- When needed help in mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Food Handler certification an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs or 22.6 kg
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a team in a busy environment
- Ability to work with diverse personalities, understand team members roles and have a commitment to efficiency
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: August 31, 2021
Closing Date: September 14, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.