Child Care Centre Supervisor
Employment Terms: permanent | full Time
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
Our partners who help us to create and learn about inclusive, outdoor and collaborative play are:
We are searching for a Centre Supervisor who would be responsible for and focused on:
- The overall operation, development, management and evaluation of the childcare centre.
- Respecting all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Providing timely coaching with educators to build and support ongoing quality improvement
- Ensuring sound pedagogical curriculum, evident in all programming spaces, which is age-appropriate and reflective of the community we serve.
- Participating as a member of the LEF community and seeks out collaborative activities in the broader community to support and enhance the needs of educators, families and children.
- Acting as a role model for educators, children, families and the community by reflecting LEF values and initiatives.
Hours per week may vary, however, a typical week is 35 (thirty-five) hours per week.
Clairlea Childcare Centre – 25 Rosalind Crescent
Responsible for all centre finances including Invoices, fee collection, supplies and equipment, enrolment summary of CSIS.
Policy and Regulation:
- Administration - Responsible for the ongoing compliance with all governing bodies for the centre program and administration on a day-to-day basis.
- Program/Activities -Ensures that the program (staffing, equipment, space and curriculum) meet the regulations outlined by the Ministry of Education and the Child Care Early Years Act 2014. This may include conducting interviews to hire new team members.
- Heath & Safety - Responsible for keeping the centre in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement; as well as the standards set out by the Ministry of Education and Public Health. This may include delivering training, reviewing online training completions and policy reviews in support of changing requirements.
Team and Community Engagement
- Responsible for keeping abreast with community and LEF resources
- Ensures ongoing communities with children and families to adequately provide support
- Responsible for the ongoing growth and development of the team through targeted mentoring and coaching day-to-day, and through fair, insightful annual performance evaluation
- Organize team meetings to ensure communication and coordination of overall centre program goals and objectives are met
- Providing ongoing support, direction and feedback with all team members
- Collaboration with other team members such as other centre Supervisors, Senior Managers and program partners
- Providing regular updates on centre successes and challenges to Senior Manager
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with children from infancy to 12 years, with a preference for candidates who have prior Supervisory experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Early Learning Framework (ELF)
- Knowledge and application experience of How Does Learning Happen?
- Thorough knowledge of Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Proven ability to implement an emergent curriculum
- Experience working with colleagues, team members, children and families in collaborative relationships
- Experience working with children with varied abilities
- Ability to interpret and implement LEF policies and procedures
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship-building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, parents and staff
- Ability to use tact, discretion and good judgment
- Well developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and judgment when handling unpredictable situations
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively
- Ability and experience with guiding, mentoring and coaching others
- Ability to relate to a variety of socio-economic and cultural groups
- Possession of a valid drivers’ license and have a reliable mode of transportation is an asset
- Works independently as well as have the ability to contribute and be an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contributes as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Working understanding of technology and how to use it
- Must have membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators, current in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C), up to date record of immunizations and Tuberculin Screening, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is an asset
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: July 21, 2021
Closing Date: August 04, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.