Language Training Instructor
Employment Terms: permanent | part Time
On an ongoing basis, the English Language Instructor is responsible for facilitating learning, creating an effective learning environment and providing client-centred real-world task instruction, communicative programming that prepares clients for participation in Canadian society. On a daily basis, the English Language Instructor is responsible for classroom management, preparing daily lesson plans in accordance with the LINC curriculum, CLB and PBLA guidelines, adapting and revising lessons as needed, monitoring and assessing client progress and other duties as outlined.
Preferred candidates will work virtually or in-class following all guidelines for infectious disease control.
The successful applicant will need to be available from September 9, 2021.
- Groundwork in the Client Engagement Code of Practice and other LEF’s policies
- Provide a learning environment that promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices
- Ensure language instruction is based on clients’ needs and goals
- Encourage clients to become autonomous, active, and self-aware language learners, engaged in and responsible for their learning
- Observe all aspects of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) protocol: classroom- and teacher-based assessment approach that is integrated through the teaching/learning cycle
- Provide real-world task instruction in compliance with Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) standards and curriculum developed
- Apply assessment and evaluation practices
- Ensure that Portfolios include evidence of performance related to CLB standards, together with observation, records, and feedback related to specific criteria and use this information to discuss the progress being made toward the client’s goals
- Collaborate and be part of effective planning by sharing best practices with colleagues
- TESL qualifications from an accredited program and TESL Ontario Certification
- Minimum three years of classroom experience in the adult LINC/ESL field
- Experience in integrating technology in teaching, and ability to adapt to new technology
- Proficiency in using common computer applications and web-based tools (MS teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) or equivalent
- Understanding and application of the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) for task-based curriculum planning, instruction and assessment
- Observing all aspects of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) protocol: classroom- and teacher - based assessment approach that is integrated through the teaching/learning cycle
- Experience in providing real-world task instruction in compliance with PBLA guidelines
- Strong pedagogical skills and creative abilities
- Success in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: July 13, 2021
Closing Date: July 26, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at firstname.lastname@example.org.