ECA - Canada Summer Jobs
Employment Terms: seasonal | full Time
We are looking to individuals who are currently enrolled in childcare program or have working experience as Early Childhood Assistants for temporary work through Canada Summer Jobs program. We are looking for individuals who are passionate and dedicated learning about and developing holistic child-centred programs for the communities we serve. The ideal candidate must be able to work together collaboratively with the Early Childhood Educator while following the guidelines set out by Ministry of Education and Public health.
These positions are 35 hours a week, for a duration of 8 or 10 weeks, beginning June 28, 2021.
This position is open to youths age 18 and not yet reached the age of 29.
Carleton Village Early Learning Centre – 315 Osler St. Toronto, ON M6N 2Z4 – 8 weeks
Perth Avenue Early Learning Centre – 14 Ruskin Ave. Toronto, ON M6P 3P8 – 8 weeks
Rawlinson B&A – 231 Glenholme Ave. Toronto, ON M6E 3C7 – 8 weeks
General Mercer Early Learning Centre – 30 Turnberry Ave. Toronto, ON M6N 1P8 - 8 weeks
JR Wilcox Day Care Centre – 231 Ava Rd, York, ON M6C 1X3 – 8 weeks
Donald C Macdonald Child Care Centre – 116 Industry St, Toronto, ON M6M 4L8 – 10 weeks
York Humber Child Care Centre – 100 Emmett Ave. York, ON M6M 2E6 – 10 weeks
Immaculate Conception Child Care Centre – 23 Comay Rd. Toronto, ON M6M 2K9 - 10 weeks.
- To ensure that the health, welfare and safety of the children remain the first priority of the centre
- Assist in the planning and implementing of developmentally appropriate activities
- Assist in curriculum development
- To ensure the centre’s philosophy of children’s behaviour guidance is maintained
- Maintain ongoing positive communication with parents
- To be actively involved and contribute to the day to day operations of the centre
- To be aware of the Health and Safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- ECA certificate preferred , registered in a post-secondary childcare program or have working experience is an asset
- Experience working with children from infancy to 12 years
- Some knowledge and understanding of Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 and Toronto Operating Criteria and a willingness to learn in a collaborative environment is a strong asset
- Experience working with children with special needs is an asset.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship-building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, parents and staff
- Ability to use tact, discretion and good judgment
- Well developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and judgment when handling unpredictable situations
- Works independently as well as have the ability to contribute and be an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C)
- A current and clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: May 20, 2021
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at firstname.lastname@example.org.