Employment Terms: contract | full Time
The Program Lead will work to provide a high-quality childcare program under the direction of the Supervisor. They will assist with any necessary paperwork as well as support other team members in their daily role as needed. Hours per week may vary, however, a typical work week is 35 (thirty-five) hours per week.
- Ensures the health, welfare and safety of the children remains the first priority of the centre
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities
- Ensures the LEF’s philosophy of children’s behaviour guidance is implemented
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed and all paperwork completed
- Maintains on-going positive communication with parents
- Actively participates and contributes to the day to day operations of the centre
- Participates in ongoing health and safety training
- Other duties as assigned
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent skills demonstrated through years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children from infancy to 12 years
- Comprehensive knowledge of Early Learning Framework (ELF)
- Knowledge and application experience of: How Does Learning Happen?
- Thorough knowledge of Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Proven ability to implement an emergent curriculum
- Experience working with parents in collaborative relationships
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Ability to interpret and implement LEF policies and procedures
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, parents and fellow educators
- Ability to use tact, discretion and good judgement
- Well developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and judgement when handling unpredictable situations
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively
- Ability and experience with guiding, mentoring and coaching others
- Ability to relate to a variety of socio-economic and cultural groups
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is an asset
- Works independently as well as have the ability to contribute and be an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C), up to date record of immunizations and Tuberculin Screening, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check and proof of COVID vaccination
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: September 03, 2021
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at firstname.lastname@example.org.