Program Coordinator – Skills Link - Maternity Leave 18 months
Employment Terms: contract | full Time
We are looking for a vibrant individual to coordinate our Launch Your Career youth employment program for youth. He/she will bring out the best in program participants and help them strengthen their own unique value. Above all, the Program Coordinator will work with the project team to inspire youth to move from dreaming to doing.
- Responsible for program outreach and intake, coordinating and facilitating workshops, and connecting and liaising with guest speakers.
- Work with team members to provide one on supports to participants, understand the unique needs of each participant, and link them with opportunities for skill development, financial assistance, and employment.
- Responsible for record keeping, administrative duties and supporting program evaluation and reporting.
- Working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are highly committed to our community and who support employment and settlement needs, develop employer and community partnerships, and are all strong leaders in their fields of expertise.
- Understanding of the trends and challenges of marginalized youth, including employment-related issues
- Experience providing ongoing case management, including coaching and follow-ups, action planning, job retention, and supports for youth and adults
- Demonstrated experience coordinating community and group initiatives, partnering and facilitating joint initiatives with schools, community and youth-related agencies
- Experience delivering workshops to groups of all ages and on a variety of topics including employment and soft skills topics
- Excellent project coordination skills including experience with project reporting
- Experience administering wage subsidy, and job placement
- Ability to handle difficult situations with maturity and high degree of professionalism
- Proven successful experience completing and maintaining proper documentation including financial and program outcome information
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Goal oriented, outcome driven, highly organized, flexible and adaptable with superior time management skills
- Excellent understanding of current labour market trends
- Dynamic, vibrant relationship builder and connector
- Demonstrated team player
- The ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- Demonstrated success in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Weston/Mount Dennis neighbourhood is an asset
- Current Police reference check
- Ability to work remotely in a set up home office environment
The Learning Enrichment Foundation places a high value on lived experience. Personal experience with poverty, unemployment, homelessness and similar challenges is strongly considered an asset
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: June 25, 2021
Closing Date: July 23, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at firstname.lastname@example.org.