Senior Manager - Operations
Employment Terms: permanent | full Time
This position will focus on the operations and services of our integrated model. It will strengthen Client Engagement’s capacity for planning, executing projects based on best practices, communicating program impacts and outcomes and nurturing reflective practices for growth. This position will oversee LEF’s Newcomer Services, Language Training, Employment Services and Community Engagement programs and will nurture the design, implementation, and incubation of new projects/initiatives. This role will work closely with LEF’s Digital Communications Department and Grant Writer and Researcher to solidify and oversee client and community online engagement.
To be successful in this role, the Sr. Manager will need to try ideas and new approaches to our work, which means taking risks, learning from failures and working with others to document successes.
This is a people management role as well, so a focus on team development and engagement is important and key to program and client success.
- Oversees various aspects of Newcomer Services, Language Training, Employment and Community Engagement programs including outreach, intake, delivery, partnerships, group activities, record keeping, evaluation of client’s progress, as well as staff supervision and professional development.
- Works with managers to ensure services are aligned with LEF’s vision, community needs and funders’ requirements
- Manages funders’ relationships
- Monitors program forecasts and budgets
- Oversees the department online engagement by working collaboratively with Digital Communications and Grant Writer and Researcher role.
- Oversees the implementation and use of digital engagement tools
- Works with key partners in the development and delivery of projects and programs
- Engages co-locating partner organizations to advance opportunities for collaboration
- Ensures connections with the sector and directs team participation in collaborative opportunities and sector-wide learning circles to strengthen, validate and advance LEF’s experiences and expertise.
- Supports the department’s growth strategy based on identified opportunities and gaps
- Oversees internal and external reporting efforts to ensure information is reported as required and within specified timelines
- Works collaboratively with managers to ensure proper impact measurement review and analysis using an asset-based framework
- Assists in the analysis of existing operational systems, processes and other relevant data to make informed decisions for improvement purposes
- Leads the incubation of new projects, captures and shares learning as required
- Works with key partners in the development and delivery of programs
- Leads direct reports through thoughtful coaching and mentoring
- Oversees department team members by, providing appropriate support, development opportunities, recognition, challenge, and motivation for the team.
- Performs regular performance reviews against goals and day to day work.
- Provides ongoing information to the team about strategic and work plans, and how it is supported by their work.
- Conducts regular team and individual check-in meetings to ensure open and ongoing supports and communications.
- Works closely with other teams such as Human Resources and Digital Communications for resources to support the team.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field from an accredited College/University
- 3 to 5 years’ experience leading successful teams and managing effective programs in the social services or related fields
- Personal commitment to a community and client-responsive approach
- Advanced English skills with proven experience writing, reviewing, and editing documents such as program reports and grant applications
- Committed to supporting a healthy workplace environment that embraces diversity and encourages teamwork
- Knowledge of public and government grant processes would be considered an asset
- Capacity to identify and articulate potential problems and provide possible solutions in a concise and clear manner
- Prior experience overseeing the creation of digital media and communications departmental content, with an understanding of best practices in terms of digital client engagement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, various social media platforms and other relevant applications
- Knowledge and experience working with online databases, web applications, case and grant management systems
- Must be detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to synthesize and analyse diverse information and data
- Comfortable working on new, uncertain, and abstract projects where the requirements are sometimes unclear
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works well under pressure and manage time effectively to produces on deadlines
- Strong understanding of the local community (Weston/Mount Dennis) and of community development issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team in a pro-active manner
- Demonstrated success in working with adults
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and demonstrated success in working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds, in a multi-cultural/multi-racial environment
- Commitment to on-going professional growth and development
- Experience working and managing a team remotely would be an asset
- Required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends as per organizational needs
- Must be able to work from a home office with the flexibility to attend to LEF offices when required
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: April 07, 2021
Closing Date: April 26, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at firstname.lastname@example.org.