Hospitality Career Pathways
Are you interested in a career as a Food and Beverage/Banquet Server, Housekeeping Room Attendant or Line Cook/Kitchen Helper?
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) in partnership with OTEC is pleased to offer a 14-week program for individuals looking to build a career in the Hospitality sector.
- Minimum grade 10 education, or pass equivalency test
- Minimum english proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB 5-7) for reading, writing, and speaking
- Resident of Ontario, Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee, Protected Person and/or holder of a valid work permit.
- Available to participate on a full-time basis and seeking full time employment upon completion
- Ontario Works Recipient
Program components6 weeks in-class industry foundations training and Certifications in:
- National emerit Workplace Essentials
- Service Excellence
- Food Safety
- Smart Serve
- Workplace Culture and Communication
8 weeks workplase training/co-op as:- Food & Beverage Server/Banquet Server
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Line Cook/Kitchen Helper
- On-the-job training based on national UPSKILL curriculum
Post program/hiring supportUp to 12 months of post program support, as follows:
- Assistance with transitioning from 8-week co-op placement to employment
- Job search assistance in securing full-time employment
Up to five 1-hour sessions with a career coach and mentor
Download hospitality career flyer